Figuring out the perfect size purse for your needs can be a challenge. Whether you’re looking for something small and compact to carry around daily essentials or something large enough to bring all your belongings on vacation, it’s important to get the measurements just right.
That’s why in this blog post we will walk through step-by-step how to measure purse, so you can find one that fits your lifestyle perfectly!
Tools and Materials You Will Need to Measure Purse
- Tape measure
- Pen and paper
Step-by-Step Guidelines on How to Measure Purse
Step 1: Measure the Length of the Purse
Start by fully unzipping or opening the purse, lay it out flat on a surface, and measure its length from top to bottom. Place one end of the tape at the top and extend it until you reach the bottom edge of the purse. Make sure you measure across the widest part of the purse and jot down your results on paper for future reference.
Step 2: Measure the Width of the Purse
Next, turn your attention to measuring the width of the purse. Place one end of the tape measure at one edge of the purse and extend it until you reach the other edge. Make sure you measure across the widest part of the purse and record your results for future reference. Carefully note down the width of your purse both when it is empty and when it is packed full.
Step 3: Measure the Height of the Purse
Finally, measure the height of the purse by placing one end of the tape measure at the bottom edge and extending it until you reach its highest point. Make sure to keep an eye on the purse’s handles and straps as you measure, and record your results for future reference.
The height measurement is especially important if you’re looking for a purse that will fit comfortably against your body.
Now that you know how to measure purses, it’s time to start shopping! Make sure to check the measurements of the purse before purchasing and if possible try it on in-store or have someone help you compare sizes. With these easy steps, you’ll be able to find the perfect purse for your lifestyle in no time!
Additional Tips and Tricks to Measure Purse
1. If you’re measuring a structured purse like a hobo bag, use a flexible tape measure to trace the outline of the exterior and interior of the bag in order to get an accurate measurement.
2. Make sure to account for any hardware or straps when measuring your purse. Measure them as if they were part of the bag.
3. If you’re measuring a tote, use a soft tape measure to measure from top to bottom and side to side in order to get your exact measurements.
4. When measuring an envelope-style purse, ensure that you measure both the front and back of the bag for accurate results.
5. Make sure to measure your purse in inches and centimeters for an exact measurement.
6. If you’re measuring a soft clutch or pouch, use a ruler to measure the length and width of the bag at its widest points.
7. Always double-check your measurements before buying any purses online as sizing is not always standard.
8. If you’re purchasing a purse from a designer, look up the specific measurements listed on their website. This will ensure that your bag fits perfectly and comfortably for everyday use.
9. When measuring an evening bag, make sure to account for any decorations or embellishments that might add additional width or length.
10. Finally, when measuring a shoulder bag, make sure to measure the entire area of the bag that will sit on your shoulder and not just the body of the purse itself. This will give you an accurate representation of how it will feel when worn.
By following these tips and tricks, you can easily measure your purse and get an exact measurement. This will ensure that you buy the perfect size purse for your needs and preferences. Happy shopping!
Things You Should Consider to Measure Purse
1. You need to measure the length of a purse from the top of the opening where the zipper is located, down to the bottom of the bag. This measurement will give you an indication of how large or small your purse actually is.
2. You should also measure the width of your purse by taking the measurement from one side to the other, including any handles or straps that are present.
3. You may want to consider measuring any pockets on the interior and exterior of your purse as well. This can give you an idea of how much storage space is available within the bag.
4. Make sure to also consider the weight of your purse when measuring it, as this can help you determine if the bag is too heavy for you to comfortably carry around all day.
5. Finally, take note of any additional features that may be present on your purse such as straps or buckles that have the ability to adjust the length of the bag, or additional pockets that may be located on the exterior of the purse. This can give you an indication of how versatile and functional your purse actually is.
By taking all these factors into consideration, you should have a good idea of how to properly measure your purse so that you always know its size and weight for future reference. Knowing these measurements will also help you pick out a purse that fits your needs perfectly. Happy shopping!
Common Mistakes in Measuring Purse
1. Not taking into account the full size of a purse. When measuring a purse, it is important to consider the entire site, including any straps, buckles, and pockets. Additionally, do not forget to factor in the thickness of the leather or fabric used when determining its total size.
2. Not accounting for weight when calculating the size of a purse. The weight of a purse can greatly affect its overall size and capacity, so it is important to include this factor when measuring.
3. Not accurately measuring each side before calculating the total size of a purse. Make sure to measure each side carefully and record the dimensions accurately before adding them together.
4. Not considering the size of items that will be stored in the purse. When deciding on a purse, don’t forget to consider the size of the items that you typically carry with you. This will help ensure that your chosen bag will have adequate storage space for all of your belongings.
5. Not verifying measurements after measuring a purse. Once you’ve recorded the size of a purse, make sure to double-check your measurements before purchasing it. This will help ensure that you get the best possible fit for your needs.
By keeping these common mistakes in mind when measuring a purse, you can feel confident that you’re getting the right size for all of your needs. With the right measurements, you can be sure that your new bag will fit all of your belongings comfortably and securely.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Best Way to Measure a Purse?
When measuring a purse, start by laying it flat on a surface and measure its length from one side of the top to the other side. Then measure its width across the widest part of the purse (from one side to the other). These two measurements will give you the size of your purse.
What Should I Consider When Measuring My Purse?
When measuring your purse, make sure to measure it accurately and take into account any extra features such as pockets or straps. Additionally, you should consider the type of closure the bag has when taking measurements. For example, if you are measuring a zipper-closure bag, make sure to include the length of the zipper pulls in your measurement.
Is There a Standard Size for Purses?
No, there is no standard size or shape for purses. Every purse can be different and you should measure it accurately to ensure that you get the right size for your needs. Additionally, some people prefer to use a clutch-style bag which is smaller than most traditional bags and requires different measurements.
Do Different Styles of Purses Require Different Measurements?
Yes, different styles of purses can require different measurements. Generally, larger bags such as tote bags or shoulder straps will need larger measurements than clutch-style purses. Additionally, you should consider the type of closure the bag has when taking measurements as this can affect the overall size of the bag.
Great job! Now you know how to measure purse (or bag) accurately. With a few simple steps, you can determine its size and purchase something that fits your lifestyle. Plus, you won’t have to worry about it being too small or too big.
Whether you’re looking for something practical and functional or fashionable and chic, knowing the dimensions of your new purse will give you confidence in choosing something that suits your aesthetic and fits your lifestyle. From this day forward, never be afraid to experiment with different purses when it comes to fashion!